ATLANTA, Jan. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — NRD Capital, a private equity firm headquartered in Atlanta, is pleased to announce the establishment of NRD Tech Ventures, a subsidiary of the broader investment fund. NRD Tech Ventures focuses on investing in early to mid-stage technology companies serving the restaurant, hospitality, franchise, and healthcare industries. The core mission of the technology fund is to partner with companies using innovative technologies to drive significant revenue and margin improvement at the unit and enterprise level.
NRD Tech Ventures was formed in late 2017, when the company partnered with Arke Systems and FRM Solutions, two Atlanta-based firms focused on digital marketing strategy and CRM for franchise and multi-unit businesses.
In 2018, NRD Tech Ventures made five additional investments:
- Harri: A talent management solution that allows operators to build, manage, and engage hospitality teams from a single system
- 1Huddle: A gamified training application that is the fastest way to onboard, upskill, and train your workforce
- NEXT: The breakthrough work sharing platform enabling shift sharing by crew members across the stores belonging to a multi-unit operator, thereby reducing overtime, increasing retention and improving service metrics
- ShiftOne: A mobile application that motivates employees with data and recognition, allowing operators to manage operations through discrete missions
- ValyantAI: Customer-facing, restaurant ordering AI currently focused on drive-thru quick-serve restaurants
In 2019, NRD Tech Ventures will continue to build upon the success of these new investments. The firm will also continue to evaluate technology solutions that have the potential to drive significant enterprise value and operational efficiency.
“Improving the lives and margins of operators is at the heart of NRD Capital’s mission, and I have no doubt NRD Tech Ventures’ investments are the right tools to achieve that goal,” said Aziz Hashim, NRD Capital Managing Partner. “We’re proud to partner with these innovative companies who continuously bring new and inspirational technologies to the table that have the potential to completely transform our industry.”
To support the growth of its technology portfolio, NRD Tech Ventures named Nizar Allibhoy as an Operating Partner. Allibhoy will lead NRD Tech Ventures’ existing portfolio, and will help direct its future investment activity. Allibhoy has a significant track record of success in founding, building, and operating technology companies across multiple industries.
For additional information about NRD Capital and these new investments, please visit www.nrdcapital.com.
About NRD Capital Management, LLC
NRD Capital Management, LLC, founded by Aziz Hashim, is a private equity firm that invests in companies offering superior products/services and compelling unit-level economics. By infusing capital and applying operating expertise, NRD guides its investments toward strategic growth. The fund invests in small to mid-sized brands (franchise and non-franchise), both domestic and international, primarily focusing on restaurants, multi-location-related technologies and service/retail opportunities. Through the NRD Foundation, the firm supports non-profit and for-profit international organizations that create entrepreneurs, foster financial independence, and power academic research focused on franchise entrepreneurship. For additional information, please visit www.nrdcapital.com.
SOURCE NRD Capital LLC